Tuesday 5 November 2013

Welcome to the Organology Blog.

Welcome to the organology blog! My name is Matthew Hill and I am an organologist, that is, somebody who studies musical instruments. That's actually a bit of an understatement; I'm a bit obsessed with musical instruments – I read about them, I write about them, I examine them, I measure them, I photograph them, I appraise them, I talk about them (a lot, often to the annoyance of my friends), I think about them (even more than I talk about them).

Oh, I even play one or two. Or 50. Some of them competently. All of them professionally.

I have a website: www.organology.org that tells a bit more about me and my research. I'm interested in all types of musical instruments but I tend to concentrate on electric instruments of the 20th century, particularly electric guitars and their variants. I will be using this blog to think out loud (even though words on the screen are actually pretty silent) about musical instruments and related topics. It is anything you see here that interests you, please feel free to comment, or email me at matthew@organology.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment